The World’s Most Tested Absorbent…
Certified and Approved
CocoAbsorb and other Coco Products have been tested and approved by the following certifying agencies:
- EPA – CocoAbsorb complies with the Environmental Protection Agency’s definition of and regulations of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 40, and sections 300.5 and 300.915(g) of the National Contingency Plan (NCP). Exova Laboratories also conducted a Landfill Test on CocoAbsorb, with results meeting and exceeding Federal EPA leachate standards for hydrocarbon/petroleum products. On-Site Coordinators can request written documentation of EPA’s approval of CocoAbsorb by contacting us.
- OMRI – CocoAbsorb and CocoDry are OMRI approved, allowing them to be used in as a cleaning agent in certified organic production or food processing and handling under the USDA’s National Organic Program Rule.
- NSF – NSF International registered CocoAbsorb and CocoDry as Nonfood Compounds and have declared them acceptable for use as absorbents or anti-slip agents to assist in correcting hazardous floor conditions in official establishments operating under the Federal meat and poultry products inspection program.
- USDA Biopreferred – USDA has certified and approved CocoAbsorb as part of their Biopreferred program and standards. CocoAbsorb tested at 99% Biobased and is proud to be listed and granted the use of the USDA Biopreferred product label. The program’s purpose is to spur economic development, create new jobs and provide new markets for farm commodities. The increased development, purchase, and use of biobased products reduces our nation’s reliance on petroleum, increases the use of renewable agricultural resources, and contributes to reducing adverse environmental and health impacts.
- California Dept. of Fish and Wildlife – CocoAbsorb has been approved by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, meeting the regulatory definition (CCR Title 14, Section 885.2 (a)(1)(a)) of a class of material automatically exempt from Government Code section 8670.13.1 which states that sorbents and other cleanup devices that do not employ the use of active chemical cleanup agents, or otherwise determined not to cause aquatic toxicity for purposes of oil spill response. CocoAbsorb is so safe to use, we are not subject to the licensing provisions some of our competitors are.
Additional Laboratory Tests
CocoAbsorb has passed the following tests conducted by California laboratories proving the product as Non-Hazardous. You can request any of the test results and certification letters below by contacting us.
- Landfill Test – Exova Laboratories also conducted a Landfill Test on CocoAbsorb, with results meeting and exceeding Federal EPA leachate standards for hydrocarbon/petroleum products and passing Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP).
- CCR Metals Test – When tested for Total Metals Concentration, CocoAbsorb was identified as a non-hazardous waste by California’s Code of Regulations on measuring CocoAbsorbs Total Threshold Limit Concentration (TTLC) limits.
- Car Paint Absorption Test – CocoAbsorb’s absorbent abilities were tested when saturated in acrylic car paint.
- Fish Bowl Test – One pound of CocoAbsorb was mixed with one quart of used oil and then exposed to Fathead minnow over a four-day period. CocoAbsorb did not release any of the oil into the minnow’s water, leaving a healthy and happy environment.
- CocoDry vs. TCLP and CCR Title 22 Bioassay Tests – CocoDry blended with oil-based and latex-based paint passed the EPA’s TCLP Testingand the CCR Title 22 Fathead Minnow Hazardous Waste Screen Bioassay Test. Oil-based paints have been a major concern related to the disposal and contamination of landfills for many years. There are very few solutions on the market that effectively address this problem, so special programs have been developed in establishing state government sponsored collection centers because it has been such a monumental environmental issue. The testing results prove that CocoDry is not only effective at solidifying and hardening oil-based paints but will not leach any of it back into the landfill.
- BTU Test – BTU testing was performed on CocoAbsorb, CocoAbsorb with oil and CocoAbsorb with Paint.